What we have today is Es Alpukat Kopi that comes from Indonesia. This Indonesian iced coffee is pretty unique with the ingredients it uses!
It’s something I think all iced coffee lovers should try once in their life! But what exactly is this Indonesian iced coffee? 🤔
What Is Es Alpukat Kopi?
Es Alpukat Kopi translates to English as Iced Avocado Coffee. Although it is iced coffee, sometimes it’s also made as a coffee smoothie.
As you can guess, this drink combines avocado and coffee, two of the trendiest ingredients out there right now! It’s creamy, sweet, and coffee-y, what’s not to like about this drink?
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar or light brown sugar
- ½ cup of strongly brewed coffee
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
If you look up recipes, there are so many ways to make this drink. The way that I’m going to show you, is the way that’ll make your coffee look the most pleasing and the simplest recipe!
1. Start off by brewing your coffee, just make sure that it’s strong in flavor. Put your coffee into the fridge for 10-15 minutes to cool it down quicker.
3. Scoop out the avocado into a bowl or cup, you’re going to need room to smash it up.
4. With your sugar add some water to it, just enough so that you can dissolve all of it. Pour this mixture into your avocado. Make sure everything mingles together nicely!
4. This is where you can add chocolate syrup to the drink if you’d like. In your serving glass, coat the inside of your cup to give it a cool aesthetic look.
6. Add some ice to the cup and fill the rest up with the coffee and your Es Alpukat Kopi is ready to enjoy!
Can You Blend Es Alpukat Kopi?
Yes! You can definitely blend this iced coffee drink up. When served on the streets of Indonesia, it’s blended up for you. There are a few ways you can go about blending things up though.
You can choose to blend all the ingredients up at once, but it won’t look as nice when it’s done. It’ll end up looking like a grey, brownish gloop, but still very delicious.
The prettier way is to blend everything up except for the coffee, which you’ll pour over the top of the mixture afterwards. This’ll give you a much nicer presentation and make the drink look a lot more appetizing.
Helpful Tips & Add-Ons
Coffee Free Es Alpukat Kopi
If you wanted to do this without coffee, you could substitute it out with some milk. Any milk type you like will be a good replacement.
Picking An Avocado
If you’re like me, picking avocados can be hard sometimes, but I have picked up a couple of tricks to tell.
Tip number one is to choose one darker in color. The lighter an avocado means it’s less unripe than a darker one. If you don’t plan on using the avocado that day, choose a slightly lighter or even green one and let it ripen over the next few days until you’re ready to use it.
The second is giving it a little squeeze. If it has a little give, but isn’t straight mushy, that’ll be perfect for you to use for this.
Checking the stem is another way you can tell if you have a perfectly ripe avocado. If you can take the stem off easily and underneath is green flesh, you’ve got a good looking avocado.
Making It Thicker
Adding some milk to your avocado coffee can make it even more thick than it already is. I like to add coconut milk to mine, because it gives it some additional sweetness as well.
If you’ve never had condensed milk, it’s like a thicker and sweeter version of your regular creamer. Drizzle a little over the top, it might be overly sweet if you add too much.