You’ve tried everything to fix your Nespresso machine and it still doesn’t work. Super frustrating! Sometimes all you need to do is reset your Nespresso to get it working again. If you haven’t tried any other methods yet, we have a guide that could help you out with your Nespresso problems.
- Vertuo / Vertuo Next / Vertuo Evoluo
- Vertuo Plus
- Essenza Mini
- Essenza Plus
- Lattissima Touch
- Gran Lattissima
- Creatista Plus / Creatista Pro / Lattissima Pro
Vertuo / Vertuo Next / Vertuo Evoluo
- Open the machine and eject any old used capsule that you might have left in there.
- Now close it and leave the machine in the unlocked position.
- Press the power button 5 times very quickly (under 3 seconds).
- It’ll start blinking 5 times to let you know it’s resetting.
- Turn your Vertuo off by pushing and holding down the lever for 3 seconds.
- Next we’re going to enter the factory settings mode. Press and hold down for 3 seconds both the: power button and lever. The light will turn to an orange color, these means you’re in the functions menu now.
- Alrighty, you got 2 minutes now to finish the rest of the steps. Just press the lever down 3 times to reset to factory settings.
- Push the power button to confirm.
- The orange light will blink 3 times to confirm that it has been reset. It’ll turn green right afterwards.
Side Note: If for some reason you want to exit the functions menu at any point during this, just hold down the power buttons and lever for 3 seconds at the same time.
- If your Mini is on, make sure to turn it off.
- Press and hold down the Lungo button for 5 seconds to start resetting.
- The light will blink 3 times to confirm that it has been reset to factory settings.
- Let it heat up for a minute and it’s ready to be used.
- Make sure that your Pixie is off before you begin.
- Press and hold down the lungo button. While you’re still holding down the lungo button hit the power button.
- It should start blinking to show that it has been reset.
- Turn the machine off by pressing the Espresso and Lungo button at the same time.
- After press and hold the Espresso button for 5 seconds, the light will blink 3 times and your machine has been reset.
- You can also reset it through the app, if you have your phone paired to your Nespresso machine.
- Press the espresso and lungo buttons at the same time to turn off if it’s already on.
- Press and hold down the lungo button for 5 seconds.
- Led will blink fast 3 times to indicate that it has been reset to factory settings.
Before you start trying out the steps, I highly recommend that you read through all the steps. Step 3 requires you to run your finger over several buttons. You’ll also need to enter the special functions menu before the heating up phase of your machine ends.
1. Hit the power button to turn on the machine and remove the milk container.
2. Press and hold for 3 seconds: latte macchiato and warm milk buttons to enter the special functions menu.
3. You have to run your finger over one right after the other: heat milk -> cappuccino -> latte macchiato -> lungo -> espresso -> ristretto.
4. The hot milk button should start flashing, press the hot milk button, and you’ve now restored your machine to factory settings.
5. All of the buttons will start flashing, that’s how you know it’s restored to factory settings
- Start by turning your Gran Lattissima on and removing the milk container.
- Press and hold down the hot milk and flat white buttons at the same time. The descaling and cleaning lights at the top will start blinking to let you know you’re in the special functions menu.
- Click the flat white button and it should start blinking.
- Click it once more, it’ll blink 3 times to let you know that it’s being factory reset.
Creatista Plus / Creatista Pro / Lattissima Pro
These all have a similar screen menus. Just click on the settings button and click the factory restore option.
- To reset just drink settings.
- Select settings -> reset -> coffee reset -> confirm
- To reset factory settings.
- Reset -> factory reset -> confirm
- The machine will power off. Note: you’ll have to go through the initial first time use set up again if you do reset it to the factory settings.